Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 11 and week 12


I actually wrote a week 11 post but for some reason it's not publishing. It keeps saying it was successfully posted but is unpublished. I have no idea what that means though anyhow...
week 11 I was beginning to have times when I felt ok and the sickness started to ease up a little.

I had my first visit with Sonja, who is the midwife we used with Essence. I'm very happy that we have chosen to have another homebirth with Sonja as our midwife.

I was 12 weeks on monday.
I had my first ultrasound on Monday morning. I was pretty scared as I had been feeling something was wrong and that there may not actually be a baby there- but there was!
After a pretty rough morning where I lost the referral and had to go to the drs to get another one and when I could not find a car park I finally got to relax and see our little one. It was alive! I could see the heart flickering and got to hear the heart beating as well. The baby was pretty quiet and only did a few jumps towards the end. It was sucking it's little thumb and waving it's hands around it's face. I almost cried when I realized there was a little baby. I asked where the placenta had attached and the ultrasound technician showed that it was posterior but due to a very retroverted uterus it would in fact be anterior but then she found a second placenta. There was only 1 baby there but I have no idea if there originally was 2 and the 2nd baby didn't form or if there is 2 and we didn't see the 2nd baby or if the original placenta separated and is now joined by blood vessels. I get to go back it two weeks to have a second scan to see if we can see more as my uterus should have tipped back to the correct way. The baby also measure a week behind my dates. I'm still going to keep my 'guess date' for now but may tell people I'm a week earlier so when it's 'due' time I won't need to defend my reasons for not being induced if I go late.



Here is our secret one. Jay was surprised it looks like a baby even at this early stage. I still can not believe that this little one is inside me. It's so amazing!


and the little one in 4D. It looks so snug in there!

I am feeling so much sicker again and am definitely the most tired this week! I threw up for the first time this week twice in a row. I have been on the verge of it for many weeks but so far had managed to hold it in! I'm so so tired. I am wishing I could lay in bed all day! I would love to be asleep right now!

I am still looking forward to feeling better and entering the more 'safe' zone. Soon... it's so soon!



3 comments:

  1. awww what a gorgeous little one!! I know how much it has played on your heart and so I am so so glad you were able to see your secret one alive and their heart beating well!!
    I cannot wait for your next ultrasound to see if there is another bubba there who prefers to be secret still at this time.
    So happy that you are almost in the energy zone and so praying this sickness goes away soon!!!
    Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how adorable is that little 4d photo, such a tiny little bubba forming so beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)