Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Monday, June 20, 2011

29 weeks

I am 29 weeks! Its definitely exciting to be coming up to week 30! In some ways i can not believe that i am this far already! In other ways it feels as though i have been pregnant forever!

I have been reading lots of Ina May books and am so disgusted at the history of maternity care in America!
It makes me so angry that women and their babies (and husbands) were treated so badly by these men that called themselves obstetricians!

I went and saw the musical Mary Poppins this week with Ezekiel and his school. I think the baby loved the music as she was rolling around and kicking so much! It was also nice to spend some alone time with Zeke. So far i have had some one on one with Elijah, Bella and Zeke before the baby is born.
The baby has been having the hiccups a lot every day which i have always though was the baby practising swallowing but i have read somewhere that it is common for babies who have the hiccups lots to be born with reflux (i have had 3 babies with this) or worse that the cord is around the babies neck and they are being deprived so they are struggling?? I have never heard of this and even though i am sure its not true its still made me worry!
I have been toilet training Essence so we have only 1 in nappies when this little one is born. Some days she is great and others are full of accidents. I have thought of putting her back in nappies but she wont wear them now she knows what its like to be out of them! She can actually take her pants off and put them back on by herself.
I have felt much better this week as far as sickness is concerned but i am still extremely tired and dizzy at times. I have also had some pretty emotional (hormonal?) days where i have felt so overwhelmed!
I am quite sure her head is down now as her hiccups are low. I have also been feeling her little feet up under my ribs. She is favouring the right side these last few days. She is probably getting a little more squashed in there now!
All the kids have been feeling her kick or have the hiccups as its pretty much constant movement now.
Our bathroom is pretty much finished now. It is so so good to have a bath and shower again in our own house!
Once again I have no pic but I will try and put one up later :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy! So much going on for you with toilet training, coming up to 30 weeks, having your bathroom finished off and going on excursions!!! Busy mama :-) love hearing about how your pregnancy is going. Glad you are feeling better!
    Thinking of you,
    Love Lus x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is where it starts to get so exciting!!! So glad you got some one on one time with Zeke!
    I've never heard that about hiccups!!
    Praying for the dizziness to lift for you !!!
    I can't wait to meet her!!!!
    Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)