Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

37 weeks

I am 37 weeks yesterday which is classed as full term. I am sure I still have a while to go though as my last 4 babies have come past their 'due date'. It's still nice to know that it can be any time now.
I have been busy here still trying to get everything organised. I have washed and sorted out all her nappies they are so tiny and cute! I have gotten rid of my change table and will have the nappies in baskets in my entry and in tubs in my bedroom. This has saved us heaps of room! I will just change nappies on a towel either on the table or on the lounge or wherever I end up!
I have everything for the birth now except a container for the placenta and a sive but I do have these here if I'm desperate and need them quickly.
I have also washed all the carseats and the capsule and will set up the car to fit the new baby in. Our backseats will be totally full when this little one is born.
I am still really tired but still haven't been sick which is so good! Finally I feel a little normal. Rib and back pain is there but that's all I have to complain about so it's not too bad really. I have heartburn still but a little less than the past weeks.
I am getting lots of contractions. I was actually worried I was going into labour the other night. I was having them about 2-4 minutes apart for hours even when I was laying down. Luckily it was nothing and a reminder of what the end is like for me. I don't think I even had braxton hicks with the first 3 babies!
I think that she is anterior by the way she is moving which is great for me! She is still head down and getting lower. I am starting to get lots of sharp pains in my cervix another reminder of the end.
Essence is feeding every now and then whenever she feels like it I guess. It seems to be every second day at the moment. The contractions are huge when she feeds! I am glad that she is feeding again as I thought she had weaned herself completely!
I am really looking forward to the homebirth conference this weekend. I am taking Essence and mum is going to come to look after her for me during the day. I can't wait to get away and focus on pregnancy, birth and babies!

1 comment:

  1. Yay that the sickness has kept away! Am so glad! And you sound really ready Kathy :-) can't wait to hear how the end of this beautiful pregnancy journey all unfolds for you and leads you into the amazing miracle of birth!
    Have fun at conference too!!!
    Much love,
    Lus x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)