Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

38 weeks

I was 38 weeks on Monday. I am pretty late writing this as I have had a huge week physically and emotionally.
I had the Australian Homebirth conference on the weekend. This year it was in Newcastle which is much closer than last year! It was great to get away and focus on pregnancy and natural birth. It's so good to be around other people who believe in birth and trust that women have been designed to do this. I took my mum and Essence and Donna and baby Zeph came. It was a nice weekend. We definately need to stay an extra day though, I found it too rushed to get home and go from birth mode back to mum mode.
I have started on the emotional rollercoaster that is the end of pregnancy. I cried on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and know it was from hormones-I was even laughing while crying! The end of pregnancy is hard. It's physically hard. I am finding it really hard to sleep and to roll over and get out of the bed. Walking at the end of the day starts to get hard! Doing the dishes hurts as I am bent over a sink with a big belly and if my rib isn't already out it is sure to pop out! My rib and back is still really painful. I am still seeing the chiro weekly and it eased up last week but this week its back full on! I am also extremely tired still. By the end of the day I am having trouble keeping my eyes open but then I try and sleep and it doesn't happen.
I am enjoying being pregnant still. I am actually not ready to have this baby. Well I am ready but maybe I just don't feel as though I am ready for the birth just yet. I can't wait until I am pain free again but I do want to treasure these last days with her inside. So soon and it will all be over.
I had a visit with Sonja today. Everything is good. Blood pressure good and babies heartbeat is great. Measuring full term so we just wait and see now. I honestly don't expect to go into labour until 42 weeks though. I now have the birth pool here. Everything is set to go. All I need to do is eat the ice cream that's in the freezer so I have a container for the placenta to go in!
I am having some heartburn but its not too bad.
I am enjoying eating porridge with yogurt and banana and strawberries (that is when I find bananas cheap enough!). I have also started drinking coconut water again as I have been feeling a bit dehydrated. The more water I drink the more I need to go to the toilet.
I am still cleaning like crazy. It's actually a bit overwhelming as I know I will never be able to achieve what I want to achieve - a spotless house! This nesting is driving me crazy. I am trying to slow down and accept the fact that the house is what it is and we still need to live and be a family. Unfortunately I have lost it quite a bit with Jay and the kids and have been yelling constantly for them to pick up their mess. A smallish house with 6 kids 11 and under and a busy husband who is not home much and a very pregnant mama is never going to be clean! I try anyhow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the end of pregnancy is such a hard time!! I remember it so well still.
    The hormones and emotions are so overwhelming sometimes!!!
    I'm praying for you and so excited to meet your little girl whenever she comes whether it's sooner or later.
    And yes our houses are never what we want then to be, there is always mess to clean up !!! But this is our season and soon it won't be so! And we'll miss it!
    Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you lovely Kathy through all the ups and downs that pregnancy brings. It's such a time of preparation hey. Loved seeing your 38 week photo too gorgeous mama!
    Love Lusi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)