Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hard times

Being a mum of many is hard work. Just because I love my children and love having lots of them doesn't mean its easy. Rewarding yes, easy no. Of course some days are easier than others but generally it really is hard work. I want to remember how hard this stage is. The newborn and toddler stage. If the toddler was 3 instead of newly 2 I think it would be easy. Then again maybe it wouldn't I don't know as I have always had a toddler and newborn (well except for the first one) so for the past almost 12 years that I have been parenting 10 of those years I have been doing this. I love the newborn stage. Its one of my favourites. They are so sweet, so little and so lovable (I could go on and on but I wont as I am typing on my phone!) But when you have a beautiful baby that does not like to sleep in the day (as quite a few of mine have been including sweet little Ezaria) things are harder. Put that with a very active and loud toddler and basically life is so busy that there is no time left to do anything! This passes. I know that. Its not like this forever. Soon the toddler can talk (so the screaming should stop) and will be toilet trained and will stop breastfeeding and will be able to go to sleep alone - they grow up and then I will miss these crazy days.
People ask me the weirdest questions that sometimes it really makes me question myself. One that bothers me the most is "do you JUST like being pregnant ?" Um no, of course I love being pregnant but that's not why I have my babies! "Do you just like having babies" no to this too, I actually love having babies but believe it or not I love it when they grow up too. I LOVE all my children not just the baby! Or "birth must be so easy for you now, they must just fall out"  um yeah not quite! Birth is easier but not because there have been 7 because I researched and learnt about birth. I take offense to that statement as if its all just so easy. Its still labour. Also because I've never had an epidural before my labours mustn't be painful. Yes they are I just want the natural pain killers that God gave us!
Anyway these are things I want to remember. Right now where I am there is no time for me. Right now its loud in this house. Right now my house is not as clean as I wish it was. Right now I don't get to do as much things with the older kids as I'd like. Right now life is pretty hard but I love it. I love the excitement and the business. I love how much the older ones have learnt that they are not the centre of this world. I love having a new baby in the house to snuggle and look after. I love the cuteness and energy from my very gorgeous 2yr old. I love my older boys showing kindness to their little sisters. I love that my husband is able to go on school camos and excursions with our boys because i can't. I love ALL of my children. I love my life! 

2 comments:

  1. Yep I've had some of these things said to me too. I love my whole life and the whole journey of conception through to raising them all even with all the ups and downs of life!
    I just said to brett today that I was frustrated with the house and the not getting time to do things but that I know this is a season that'll pass in time. Love that you embrace it all despite the challenges.
    Much love,
    Lus x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to embrace it all Lusi lol, trying to focus on all the wonderful things about having a large family (and there are many). There are so many questions I could have added on here that I don't like but its probably best that I ignore them :) I just think that some people don't think before they speak and think they have a right to know your answers because you are going against society. Anyway... nice to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)