Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 6



I am 6 weeks pregnant today!

So far I am still feeling pretty good. I am finding myself yawning a lot more through the day and exhausted by night fall but I still have enough energy to do what I need to do to keep the house running.
I am feeling a little sicker each day. I am gagging when I brush my teeth. I also have the metallic taste that is common with pregnancy. I am still able to eat most things. I tend to go off milk and tea/coffee when pregnant and that is starting to happen. I will miss my morning cup of tea and my cup of tea I have before bed!
I am a little more moody than normal and seem to lose my patience easier than normal.
I am still managing to get meals cooked and in the freezer. It feels good to know that I am organized.

I forgot to mention a cute thing Ewan said to me the day after we told him he was going to be a big brother again. I want to remember these!
Ewan: “how big is the baby?”
Me: “oh, it’s only really small, about this big” I demonstrate with my hands just how tiny the baby is.
Ewan: “so does that mean if I hold my finger out like this” (he points his finger) “the baby could just walk and dance along it? How cool”…he is happy to play around with that though for a while.
Bella has now changed her mind and is positive the baby is a girl. I think she just wants the numbers to be a little more even! We are still outnumbered by the boys by two!

Essence is so clingy at the moment. It must be true when they say the toddler knows when a new baby is coming along! She is wanting to breastfeed all day. She is still feeding a lot through the night also.
*From week 6 to week 10 of your pregnancy, you will be in the embryonic period. This is a very important time of development for your baby and the embryo is most susceptible to experience developmental interferences at this time. Although the embryo is still very small, it is growing and developing rapidly. Your baby's early brain chambers are forming and the eyes are also beginning to form. Buds will appear and will develop into arms and legs in later weeks. The heart is starting up. The fetus` blood group may be different from your own! Facial features are visible, including a mouth and tongue. The eyes have a retina and lens.

The digestive system starts forming, beginning with the first cells of the stomach and the intestine.

There are small indentations in the head, ready for the development of facial features, eyes, and ears. The outline of the jaw starts to form.*


*these images and information are from the website I am pregnant.com

1 comment:

  1. Cooking while you can and stocking up the freezer is a great idea, I wish I had though to do that last time, I only had about a week between finding out I was pregnant and finding cooking revolting.

    I love Ewan's comment about the baby :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)