Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Monday, January 17, 2011

week 7


I am 7 weeks today!
So glad the time is ticking by. I can not wait to get out of the first trimester safely!
Sickness this week has definitely kicked in. I have been sick on and off for the last couple of weeks but it was definitely mild that was until Saturday night. Something changed and all of a sudden I could remember what real morning sickness was! I am especially sick when I have an empty tummy and so far it seems to get a little better when I eat. This is different for me as usually in the beginning I just can not eat. This time I am hungry and am able to eat. Hopefully things will stay this way and I won't get as sick as I normally do.
I haven't used any of the frozen meals yet and am waiting until I am really desperate.
The tiredness has also kicked in this week. I am so tired. I am totally exhausted by the night time hits! I'm crashing at about 9:30-10:00 most nights and am sleeping quite well (when I'm not woken up to breastfeed a baby or to the other 5 children who could be sleep walking, going to the toilet or just needing a cuddle!). I am having lots of weird and vivid dreams.
I have been having some pain on my lower right side and now it has moved over to the left. I was a little worried at first thinking of an ectopic pregnancy but am pretty confident now that it is just ligaments stretching. It's always a worry though when so many things can go wrong at this early stage of pregnancy!
I have been really enjoying eating ice blocks. It's been so hot here lately and they are so cold and refreshing. I have also gotten some fruit and veggie juice to sip on when I just can't stomach food.

This is the foot at 51 days and
just 9 days later! WOW!

This week your baby has an amazing growth spurt. At the beginning of this week, your baby is approximately 4 to 5 mm and by the end of the week it has more than doubled to 11 to 13 mm! Your baby weights approximately 0.03 ounces. Internally, cervical mucus is thickening and will form a plug in the cervical canal. The plug seals your cervix throughout the pregnancy and it will be expelled prior to delivery when your cervix begins to dilate.

In just 3 days the hands change from this...


to this!!

Your baby's leg and arm buds are longer now and they have divided into segments where the hands and feet will be. The hands and feet also have an area where the fingers and toes will begin to form. At this point of your pregnancy, the heart is bulging from the body and it has divided into right and left chambers. The brain's hemispheres are continuing to grow and the air passages into the lungs are visible. Your baby's eyes are beginning to get pigment. The nose is developing and the beginning of the face can be seen. The baby's abdomen is developing quickly and the appendix and pancreas are already present. Your baby's digestive tract is beginning to form and the hindgut is present. The shape of the talk can still be seen, but it will fade in 3 or 4 weeks.

*these photographs and information has been taken fro I am Pregnant

1 comment:

  1. Yay another week down!! Praying for your sickness to not be too debilitating!! So exciting your little bubba is growing fingers and toes!!
    Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)