Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ultrasound

Today I had a wonderful ultrasound! The baby looks great and healthy. The neck skin folds are the right measurements. Bubba is measuring 70 or 72 mm. It's almost doubled in size in 2 weeks! The heartbeat was nice and strong at 152 beats per minute. I had a really good sonographer who was quick and efficient and really knew what he was talking about. We got some great pictures top.


The little one in 3D. You can see the cord attached to it's tummy.


This ones a bit scary but is the baby looking straight at us!


The little ones hand up near it's face. This one is very similar to the picture from 2 weeks ago.


This is a bit fuzzy because it has been taken with my iPhone.
It was so amazing to see the baby so active!

The placenta is posterior and the 2nd placenta seems to be gone. So it either joined with the first one as the uterus stretched or my body has reabsorbed it. Either way I'm super happy that there is one healthy baby in there!

I asked if we could tell the sex yet and baby was in a great position to see between it's legs and it looks like it's a girl! As it's still early it's not 100% but the sonographer was pretty sure. There was nothing between it's legs! I was really shocked as I thought it was a boy. I've had lots of dreams about this one being a girl so maybe deep down I knew. Anyway we will know for sure at my next ultrasound on the 15th April. I will be almost 20 weeks.
I never imagined I would have 3 daughters after having four sons. All the boys are happy as they all wanted another sister.
I ended up having a 2nd ultrasound done by a student who was having an exam so I had 3 people looking at the baby. This was pretty uncomfortable as the 2nd person took forever and I was so busting to go to the toilet. On the positive note I got to see lots of the baby move!

3 comments:

  1. Glad all is well and you have another little princess on the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayayayayya!!!! SO glad you had a great ultrasound experience and so excited that you are having another precious girl - yay!! Girls are so fun :)
    Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kathy! What joy!!! Love those pics :-)
    Lots of love,
    Lus xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)