Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Saturday, October 22, 2011

4 weeks

Saturday we hung out at home with all your brothers and sisters. We went down the shops with Grandma and you met Julie.
Your Dad and I went out for dinner with just you. You slept the whole time. I felt very lucky.
On Sunday I took you to church for the first time. You slept almost the whole time in the sling. Was nice to get back there! You did scream the whole time there in the car though!
You wore your first dress today. It was actually the first warm day since you have been born!
That afternoon Nanny and Pa came over to meet you. I showed them the birth photo if me lifting you up out if the water. So sad to think Pa didn't get to see any of his children born. How could people think that it is better for the Dad not to be there? Oh and I rung my grandma to say thankyou for the card and $20 she sent for you. She asked if I was going to catch her lol she had 8 children at 30 but didn't have her 9th until she was 35! I asked her if any of her babies were born late. She had one born 1 month late (although the Dr said she must have got her dates wrong) . Interesting :)
Monday
Well it was a rough night. I was up all night with a gastro bug or food poisoning or something! It was horrible. No sleep lots of pain and lots of toilet visits. I even let Zeke stay home from school to help me today with the older girls. He did a great job! I had a nap with you (first one since you were born!) In the afternoon. I was so tired and it was so good!
You've been a bit unsettled this afternoon.  Not sure if it is because I was sick and my milk dropped a bit or if you going through the 3 week growth spurt or if its because you havent done a poo today. You were up from 4pm to 8:30om which isn't normal for you. Your sound asleep now all snuggled up on me.
My blocked milk duct (on the opposite boob from normal) finally cleared today. Took lots of massages in hot water and it took days but it is gone yay!
I've put you back in cloth nappies. Your just way too cute!
Thursday
You finally did a poo today. After days of not going it had to have been a relief and I think it was days worth lol.
You have a few little milk pimples on your face now and have some dry flaky skin between your eyebrows.
I think your losing some of your hair on the top if your head. You can tell your going to be fair with the blonde hair coming through.
We've been hanging out at home lots. Cooking, cleaning and playing. Your still not staying up for very long between feeds.
Friday-
Your 4 weeks old today. How fast does the time go!
I've been thinking how great it is to not worry about what anyone else thinks how you should be raised. There is no pressure. It really comes naturally. At first I could not put you down. That's ok! It should be like that. Gradually over time it happens. First you might get put down for 5 minutes once a day but slowly over time it increases. You are now being put down for a sleep once or twice a day at first it was in the lounge room but now its in our bedroom. You are still in the hug a bub a lot and still out with me until I go to bed. You will sleep in the swing for a while if your already asleep so I can feed Essence to sleep. I just love how relaxed it is. I can not imagine trying to get you on a strict schedule!
We went to Playgroup for the first time today. We also went into the plaza to do some shopping.















 

1 comment:

  1. Awww she's so sweet. Can't believe she's 4 weeks already!! That has flown by! As always i love reading about her ! Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)