Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Saturday, October 1, 2011

One week

This past week has gone super fast as I knew it would! I have enjoyed every part of it.
Day one-
enjoyed meeting you for the first time. Seeing your beautiful face with chubby cheeks. Your skinny little legs and arms, your long wrinkly hands and feet. Your head full of black hair that's smells so sweet and is so soft to touch. Your little back covered in sweet smelling vernix!
Breastfeeding was easy for you, latched straight on :)
You met your Dad, Grandma, Leanne, Donna, midwife Sonja, Uncle Andrew, Aunty Suzie.
Our first night the boys went and stayed with your Aunty and Grandmother. Just the girls stayed home. You didn't feed for almost 9 hours as your little tummy was gurgling with some fluid that you kept bringing up. Once with a little blood that had me worried but all was fine!
Day two- spent cuddling you wrapped in warm blankets as it was so cold outside!
Sonja came to check how you were doing. Great of course.
Your Dad bought photo frames and printed off some of the beautiful birth photos.
You met Leticia, Aunty Sarah and Annette. The boys all came home and had their first cuddles with you. They missed out the day you were born as it was too crazy here! They went with Sarah for the night. You had your first bath with me.
You fed for 13 hours straight. I was,prepared for the 2nd night being spent feeding but I think you fed more than any of the others.
Day three-
You obviously wanted the milk to come in which it did in the morning. With the milk came the tears for me. Crying for no reason is hard. Especially when you are so happy!
You met your Grandpa.
And your cousin Isaac.
I got to just snuggle you!
Day four-
this was our first day home with everyone. You went in the hug a bub for the first time and loved it. Your so tiny I could barely feel you in there! I managed to get nappies on the line and tidy the kitchen and lounge room. I love using slings it means I don't have to put you down!
You met Hayley and Leticia came over and helped out. Sonja called in to check how you were going. You had your newborn screening test done and cried :(
We had a birthday dinner here for Grandpa who you now share a birthday with!
Day 5-
Still really emotional for me. Lots of tears. Tears of joy that you are here, tears of sadness that its no longer just you and me. Birth is so amazing! The wait is hard. And then its over. Its hard for me as I love being pregnant. I love labour and birth and I especially love the new baby. I always wonder if this will be the last time I will get to have this amazing experience.
Ezekiel and Ewan went to the farm.
Leticia came and helped with dinner as your dad was out all day and night.
Sonja dropped the placenta pills off which I started taking straight away.
Day 6-
Cathy Muller came over bringing some delicious fruit.
Elijah went to the farm.
We did your newborn photo shoot. It was so hard. You kept poo-ing and wee-ing and only slept for one photo. Of course they are all still adorable!
Your cord fell off late at night.
Day seven-
I'm finally feeling better. Great even. Not as emotional and no more tears.
We spent the day with no visitors just being able to enjoy you completely.
Day eight -
one week old!
I can't believe its been a whole week. I enjoyed remembering your birth everytime I looked at the clock - imagining what was happening exactly a week ago!
Sonja came bringing yummy chocolate Brownies. We weighed you. 4.05 kgs or 8pound 15 ounces! You've grown so much! 500g in one week!
We went for our first walk down to the shops. You in the hug a bub. People kept asking if there was a baby in there!
The boys all came back and I feel happy that we are one big family again.
I can not put in words how happy I am that you are here and we (Daddy and I) were chosen to be your parents and you our daughter. I love you so much. I can not bare to put you down. You have not had a sleep out of arms in the day time yet. I find it hard to even let your Daddy cuddle you but I have to share you with him because he loves you as much as I do! All your brothers and sisters want to cuddle you all the time too there are so many people who love you! How lucky you are to be a 7th child. How lucky I am you are my 7th child and I know to enjoy you because this time goes so fast! Love you lots Ezaria Faith <3


first breastfeed

so much goo on your head

first cuddles with Essence

first cuddles with Bella


First cuddles with Ewan






First turn in the hug a bub









 

1 comment:

  1. Loved loved hearing about each day of her first week! SO much love! So beautiful!!
    Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)