Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Five weeks

Some things we have been doing this week-
We celebrated Essence's 2nd birthday. We had a lovely picnic at the park. The day was gorgeous - beautiful and sunny!
You were one month old on Sunday! One whole month since you joined our family! Everyone still dotes on you just as much as your birth day!
You had your first shower with me and loved it.
We had a picnic at the park for dinner on Monday night for Essences and Elijah's birthday. Unfortunately you weren't too happy and were pretty fussy most of the night.
You have been throwing up a bit more too. Not sure if its from the heat or if your drinking too much or if its something I have eaten.
We went to the markets this week. You still hate the car so much. You scream as soon as I lower you into the seat. It was only a 5min drive!
I have a cold and you just want to cuddle! Your cuddles are good!
We had a visit from Sonja and weighed you. 5.07kgs (11lbs 3oz) . Your growing quickly.
Your out of newborn nappies. They were leaking all the time you were just too big for them!
I love having my face up against your head when I rock you to sleep. So soft. I honestly don't get tired of cuddling you. If only life could be on standstill for a while!









 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how fast has time gone!! Oh the car stuff is hard!! I don't know why babies hate the car so much :( luv Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable! And I love those snuggled up to the cheek cuddles too! Then when my baby finally falls asleep, I just want to stand there and feel her little face a little bit longer lol, when I was thinking only moments before about all the stuff I needed to get done!
    Time sure flies when you're having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)