Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Two weeks

Day nine-
You have started lifting your head up when you are laying on your tummy. So cute. You actually did this a couple of days ago but I forgot to write it down!
You met Grand-di and Timpa this morning.
You had your first outing in the car. We went to a wedding. On the way there you slept but you weren't as happy on the way home and cried. We had to pull over so I could feed you and I played music to you through my phone which actually calmed you down. I have decided we wont be doing much travelling as it broke my heart to hear you cry!
You did a wee on me while I was changing your nappy at the wedding.
I had my first milk let down today!
I love, love, love the little gulping noises you make while feeding now.
We went to bed nice and early and you just slept and fed. Beautiful :)
Day ten -
Its the football grandfinal today so your Dad and brothers are pretty excited.
You've been sleeping in my arms all day. I just want to treasure these days!
The placenta pills have to be working! I'm still feeling great. I'm tired but a good tired. Still no more tears! I have energy. They do taste though and not very nice!
I washed the last bit of goo out if your hair from the birth tonight.
Loving you Ezaria!
Day eleven-
A nice home day again today. You slept in the hug a bub for most of the day.
Leanne and Jason came to see you so Leanne could have her first cuddle.
Your little belly button is a bit red so I'm putting some cream on.
You have a bit of a weepy eye too which hopefully breast milk will fix!
I rocked you to sleep for the first time tonight all wrapped in the shawl that was mine when I was a baby.
Right now your sound asleep in my arms and I couldn't be happier.
Day twelve-
Today we hung out at home. Just enjoyed being able to cuddle you. I put you down to sleep twice today on the lounge so you still knew we were near. You didn't sleep long (about 15min) but it meant I could run around getting some things done. Leticia called over with her kids and Isaac came down so the house was full. Your Dad was out so we had to manage alone it actually went smoothly.
Day thirteen-
Its been a hard day for me today. You woke up with both of your eyes gunky but hate it when I wipe them or express milk in them. Youve also been having some wind and seem to be in pain after some feeds.
Your skin is still peeling. I have been rubbing olive oil into it.
Your 0000 jumpsuits are getting too short and they squish your toes up so we will be packing them away.
You spent a lot if the day in the sling. I love having you snuggled up on me while I still get everything done.
Sonja called in to see how you are going.
We went for a walk just to get out of this house. I feel as though I am going crazy being stuck here all day!
You have been having a nightly bath for a week now getting you into your night routine. I love how calm you are when we bath in the deep bath. Its like you remember and instantly it soothes you.
Your sound asleep on my lap right now and I love it. Smelling your sweet baby breath and touching your incredibly soft skin. I really can just sit here staring at you. Being your mum is wonderful!
Day fourteen-
You seem to have two unsettled times in a day. Between 3am and 6am (not crying just fussing) and in the evening right at dinner time! Not sure why but lots of feeding and cuddles seems to fix it. I'm wondering if you have a bit if wind through the night as you do a big poo early in the morning!
I have mastitis today. Its not real bad at this stage. I'm trying hard to get rid of it naturally but went to the drs to get a script incase I can't and it gets worse over night.
Another home day here (except when we walked over to the drs) . They are doing road work out the front so our driveway is blocked off for a few days.
Its been raining today and pretty cold. I've been able to dress you in jumpsuits and wrap you in warm blankets since you've been born! Not the best weather for school holidays but great weather to snuggle a new baby!
You were asleep in your rocker this morning and Ewan stood near you and said how hard it is to stay away from you because your so beautiful it makes him want to get closer! He is such a sweet boy and loves you so much. We all love you so much!
Two weeks today-
Wow two weeks old today! These days are already going way too fast. You have been out for 14 days already!
You smiled on the day you were born and have been ever since but today you smiled lots! And tried too coo. So cute.
You definitely know who I am! You will cry for your poor Dad and the quiet down as soon as I take you. He tries but I guess it was just me and you for so long its what your use too (and secretly it makes me happy lol) .
You love having your nappy off. Unfortunately its been too cold to have much nappy free time but I try and let you have a kick with every nappy change. I think you prefer to wee and poo with it off as that's what you do!
Your belly button is healing nicely.
Your eye still hasn't cleared up yet. Hopefully by Monday it will or we will have to get some eye drops.
Its just the girls home tonight. Your sisters are in bed and your snuggled on my lap!







1 comment:

  1. Love love so much reading your daily updates it makes my heart melt!! You sound so smitten by her, its just beautiful!! Zeph smiled since birth and started cooing at two weeks too!!!
    Luv Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)