Children too are a gift from YHVH; the fruit of the womb is a reward. The children born when one is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. How blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them; he will not have to be embarrassed when contending with foes at the city gate. Psalms 127:3-7

Thursday, September 29, 2011

rewind 1 week...

My beautiful baby girl is 6 days old today. These first days go much too fast. I have been writing out her birth story and will post it as soon as I can but I really wanted to rewind 1 week as that's when labour really started...
22nd September - Thursday
I woke up to a beautiful sunny day and felt quite relaxed and peaceful. I knew Sonja would be coming over and we could organize an ultrasound. I cleaned in the morning and was having mild contractions but nothing consistent or painful. Sonja suggested going for a walk and she would head over. Mum came down to watch the girls (it was a huge blessing to me that she stayed in town these last days) and Jay and I went for a walk and chatted. The contractions didn't really pick up though. Once back home (Jay went back to work) mum, the girls and I started making a huge batch of biscuit dough that we could freeze into logs for after the baby was born. Sonja came at about 11:30 and I took a dose of black coash (herbs used to bring in labour) and 4 homeopathic pills that dissolved under your tongue. The black coash was horrible and you need to take 3 or 4 lots over 3 or 4 hours to get the contractions to pick up. Sonja also talked to me about the risks of going over and tgere risks of being induced. Even though I do know this it was helpful to hear it again. I decided to wait to get an ultrasound. Sonja left and I sat down. I felt so sick. Its hard to even describe. My face felt numb yet my bones were tingling. I felt so out of it. It was horrible. Essence was really tired so I played down with her and fed her to sleep. I tried to sleep but was too sick. I kept seeing a snake come after me yet I felt tgere baby was safe. Mum prayed with me and then I went and threw everything up. It was a horrible feeling. I had a bath to try and warm up. Contractions were coming 10 minutes apart now. I knew I would not be having any more of anything to bring labour on. I decided I would wait and get a scan done at 33 weeks and just let baby come when she was ready. If I am lucky enough to be pregnant again I will not try and bring labour on even going past 42 weeks (like I did this time) . I did start to feel better but was still pretty ill. The contractions were 10 minutes apart until I went to bed that night. I was praying not to go into labour as I could not imagine labouring while being so sick! I expected to wake up through the night in full blown labour though...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. So interesting to read the beginnings of your birth story!! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to read more! and you are doing so well to be back blogging so quick! My baby is nearly 10 weeks old and I still have to finish the story on my blog, lol! Must do it this weekend, thanks for the push. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)